Monday, February 28, 2011

Morning has come....


Well Hello, faithful family, friends and prayer warriors. It’s actually me, Sarah, this is the first email in a long journey that I have actually written. I am blessed to have such an amazing husband who has kept everyone updated about my well being over the last year…yes you heard me, YEAR. It’s been a year since my misdiagnosis with autoimmune hepatitis, just several days after St. Patrick’s Day 2010. I’m writing to let you know that this long night in my life is finally over and morning has arrived. Praise be to you Jesus! There have been glimpses of light the last year but the sun is shining now. I have been FEVER FREE for almost two weeks. Psalm 30:3 “weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”

I am sure some of you know that my internist has been the “steering wheel” through this whole process. She wrote a huge proposal for me to get into the National Institute of Health (NIH). I got a letter from the NIH last week with a note back saying they needed my liver biopsy sample and that I was being considered for acceptance into the “center for undiagnosed diseases.” That title makes me laugh, that’s how puzzling I am I guess. After seeing over 31 of the nation’s best doctors at Georgetown University, George Washington University and Johns Hopkins University the only doctor that knows what happened to me is the Great Physician. I find it even more comforting to know that God is the only one who knows and probably will ever know why I was sick for so long.

Throughout my illness I found great comfort in journaling my trials and thoughts along the way. This past January I was cycling through some of my previous entries in an attempt to find comfort in a series of fevers and abdominal pains that had re-surfaced; let me take you back to March 27, 2010 several days after I was diagnosed with AIH while having no clue of the incredible journey the Lord was going to take me on. “I pray that I continue to stump the doctors. Lord you have caused my doctors to be stumped and I pray for supernatural healing that only you can provide, no medicine…no doctor. Lord you are the ultimate surgeon and doctor you know every minute detail about my body and I praise you for that Lord.”

When I stumbled upon this particular entry I was completely shocked, as I never even remember writing it. I would certainly have to say that the Lord answered my prayer! Wow how amazing! Psalm 20:1 “May the Lord answer you when you are in distress, may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.” Then in Psalm 21:2-6 “You have granted him the desire of his heart, and have not withheld the request of his lips. You welcome him with rich blessings and placed a crown of pure gold on his head. He asked you for life, and you gave it to him, length of days, forever and ever. Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty. Surely you have granted him eternal blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.”

In no way has this past year gone according to my time frame, but rather it’s been God’s timing; His perfect timing. “As for God his way is perfect.” Psalm 18:30; my life’s new theme verse.

Thank you again for all your prayers of healing and strength, God is most certainly faithful!


Trev, Daddy and me at my stay at JH.

Me in my room at JH. Let's just say I was not in the same building as the Prince of Saudi Arabia, I'm pretty sure my room had not been update since the 60's!

4 comments:

  1. Ah Sarah...thank you for opening your heart and sharing how God has drawn you to Him. His ways and timing are always the best. We never go through difficulties without God using them to better us and to show us HIS goodness in our lives! He IS Faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah! LOVE that you started a blog! Please keep us posted. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a year you and Trevor have had! I think that is great that you are sharing what you 2 have been through with others. I believe our misery can be a ministry and bring glory to God and that is what you are doing. We love you 2 so much! Wish we could catch up over a cup of coffee. Miss U.

    Love, Aunt Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have a blog! And so thankful for all God is doing in and through you! We are still praying! love you guys

    ReplyDelete