Thursday, May 31, 2012

Catch Up


Well like I had promised after school was out I would do a little catching up.  Trev and I feel so blessed that God has chosen us to be earthly parents to baby Christie. We had been trying to get pregnant for about a year. We had done some minor fertility treatments with no luck. In January, feeling very defeated I decided to go off clomid and progesterone and really trust in God for what He wanted for our family. In March, on spring break in Florida, Trev and I decided that if God did not want us to have biological children at this time then it was time that we started seriously pursuing and praying about international adoption. We had already filled out a preliminary application but after spring break we were really going to dive in deep to the process. Well a week after we returned from spring break I still had not had my period but I just thought it was my body adjusting from being off clomid. I did not want to take a pregnancy test and get my hopes up….well two more weeks passed and I finally decided to take a test and it was positive! I took the test on March 17th, St. Patrick ’s Day, which happens to be the SAME DAY that two years ago I went into the hospital jaundice, with liver failure and so my health debacle started. How awesome is GOD?! We obviously have put adoption on hold but we know that it is something we will do in the future.



Another really cool detail that I forgot to mention was about a week before  I took the test I got an email from a dear college friend  in Ecuador who I had not heard from in months (well let’s be honest I’m a terrible communicator/emailer so I probably didn’t return one of her emails). Anyway she emailed me and asked me if I was pregnant because she had a dream that I was, well I was pregnant but did not know it yet. When I found out I emailed her and she said that she had been asking God to reveal things to her through dreams, just another cool element.



I’m currently 16 weeks pregnant. I’m feeling really good. The first 13 weeks were filled with nausea and vomiting, I’m sure glad that those days are over. I had a doctor’s appointment yesterday and the baby’s heartbeat was in the 150s. I still have not gained a single pound however my stomach is sticking out and my belly button looks weird. My doctor said she wants me to gain 2-3 pounds by 19 weeks, which is when we find out if we are having a boy or girl! YAY


I was going to do the super cute monthly pictures but I didn't get around to it. This was at 2 months/8weeks ish (Easter 2012).

See there is a little pooch, this was taken at 15 1/2 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. yeah for blogging! Looking forward to watching your grow, but I still don't see a pooch:)

    ReplyDelete