Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March My Favorite Month

You may be surprised to know that March is my favorite month. Nothing really exciting happens in the month of March besides St. Patrick’s day…which I think is a boring holiday in the first place.  However March for me reminds me of new beginnings. These are the reasons why I love March.

1.       March 17th (St. Patrick’s Day) 2010- was the day we found out I was sick. I remember I had a green sweater with squares on at the elementary school where I taught. I woke up that morning looked into the mirror and the whites of my eyes looked like mustard. I went to school anyway however I mentioned it to the school nurse (who by the way was a huge blessing when I was so sick and still teaching). She told me to go straight to the doctor and I believe that I ended up in the hospital that night. Trev has it all documented, actually he wrote a book about it. It’s a small book written with hope that it can encourage others. You can buy it here or if you want one we can give you one we have lots of copies: http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/trevor-christie/a-journey-worth-taking/paperback/product-20540399.html 

2.       March 2011- God healed me in February 2011 and in March 2011 we made one of the best decisions which was moving to Tennessee. Neither of us had ever been to East Tennessee. We literally just looked at a map. I knew I wanted to be within three hours of my parents and he wanted to be close to outdoor recreation. We came out one weekend and bought a house. We feel very blessed with the house, church, and friends that the Lord has given us. DC never felt like home I would always refer to "going home" as in back to my parents house even though we lived there for over four years. However, TN quickly became our home and it's honestly a place I never want to leave. On a clear morning when I wake up and look out of our bay windows in our master bath I can see the glorious Smokey Mountains and beautiful Lake Loudon and my heart gets full.

3.       March 2012- We found out we were pregnant with little Crew man! I don’t know what else to say about that, we are so honored that God has chosen us to be stewards of his little life.
 
See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come, the cooing of doves is heard in our land. The fig tree forms its early fruit; the blossoming vines spread their fragrance. Arise, come, my darling; my beautiful one, come with me. Song of Songs 2:11-13

So there you have it, YAY for March!
And....just a little treat for y'all. This is how Crew feels about March walks with momma!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing about the significance of "March" in your life! God is faithful...and Crew is cute!!! I love March too, because March 13, 1971 is when I asked Jesus to live in my life! I was 9 years old and will never forget that day! I love you all! ♥Oma

    ReplyDelete