Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Michigan Trip

Trev and I made a last minute decision to head up to Michigan for a while and visit family and friends. We realized that we probably would not make it up for another year since the little guy is coming late this fall. We got a lot accomplished and saw tons people we love! 

We first went to GR where Trev was able to play in a soccer game with several of his college soccer buds. However the best part was seeing one of my dear friends from college who lives in Ecuador. I also got to meet her precious baby girl.
Hannah, Emma, and Me
We are two weeks apart!


Then we headed to Mackinaw Island where Trev competed in his tri. He did a stellar job and got 1st in his age group and 6th overall. His dad also competed in the tri. It was a great thing that they could do together. 

Beautiful Mackinaw Bridge

We headed up to the Upper Peninsula to visit my family's cottage. I hadn't been in seven years and I wanted Trev to see where I went growing up. It was nice to see some extended family members and my grandparents.


After the UP we went back down to Traverse City. I swear this town is paradise in the summer, even though summer is only 3 months long up there.
After the Tour de Tart! A 20 mile bike ride, it was so fun:)

Lastly we headed down to the Detroit area where Trev's aunt gave me a wonderful shower. I felt so blessed and I know this little guy is already dearly loved. It was a great way to end our vacation. Now I'm just prepping myself to start school tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment