Thursday, July 21, 2011

Perfect Pop of Pink!

I finally found bedding for my room and it's perfect. It's definitely an off white and it matches the furniture beautifully the only bad this is that it was WAY out of budget and I needed the queen size. So with a sigh I returned it to...Belk. Let me just get off on a little tangent about Belk, if you know me at all you will know that I am obsessed with Macy's. I blame it on my wedding registry. I got a Macy's card and within one month I was quickly promoted to the Platinum level, then I got married and I got demoted to the red card and Trev begged me to get rid of the card. I fought him tooth and nail (nicely of course) and I won and I got to keep the card. However now I have found Belk, their moto is Shop Modern Southern Style and they have me hooked. Okay back to my story I went to Belk to return my wonderful bedding and I found the whole set I had just purchased on sale. I made the return and repurchased exactly what I had previously purchased but in a queen. My receipt said "you saved:" $210.02!!! So now I think I can shred my Macy's card....Trev did win after all and got a Belk card:)

I've chosen to accent my room with pink one of my favorite colors. The pink palm tree picture is a signed and numbered print I got in college at an art gallery. The pink hydrangea (is a lot pinker in real life) I picked up at an Antique Mall. Then the coolest part is the sand-dollar quilt square. I got it as a Christmas present a couple years ago and let me read to you what's printed on the back:

This quilt block is from a whole quilt that "my grandmothers name" maternal grandmother made sometime in the late 1800's Her name was Harriett ________ ________ (Mrs. John ________) from ____________, ___________. Preserve the memory as well as the framed piece of quilt.

I think it's pretty stinkin' cute. Okay guests I'm ready for you! We are a perfect half way point between MI and FL!



2 comments:

  1. Your guest room has "your mark" all over it! So sweet to see the final product! Congrats on the Belk's Bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious about Belk! I never had a Macy's, so I was a little spoiled when I moved to Lex. But Belk will still treat you right! Love the room! Can't wait to come stay in it:)

    ReplyDelete